[Bioperl-l] NCBI efetch: request limits and getting dates fast

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Wed Apr 21 04:13:05 UTC 2010

As I remember, the two were slightly different, but only at the most aggravating
points. The parameters don't map completely consistently; I think there is a
kludge or two in SoapEU that makes sure certain things work (like taking -retmax
to -RetMax, 'cause all of sudden there's case sensitivity). I wasn't very
systematic about this, however-- One aggravating thing was the 'unspecified
internal error' (or was it the 'lazy contractor error'?), that seems to get
thrown when you specify a general parameter (like retmax) that doesn't happen to
be used by the method you're calling. Seems to me that these were just ignored
under original EU. And so on.-- MAJ