[Bioperl-l] bp_genbank2gff3.pl - circular genomes, origin-spanning features, and GFF3

Leighton Pritchard lpritc at scri.ac.uk
Sat Apr 10 16:23:09 UTC 2010

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for checking this out.  The problem's actually with NC_002128.gbk -
there's a typo in my email to the list; NC_002127.gbk is good on my system
(I was swapping between 2128 and 2127 to try to see what could be going
wrong; sending a draft by accident probably didn't help either ;) ).  Sorry
about that.

I'm cc-ing this back to the list so that the error is noted in the archive
(and to announce to the world that I can't type straight ;))

On 09/04/2010 Friday, April 9, 21:06, "Nathan Liles" <nml5566 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The converter has been patched to handle merged circular genomes, but
> there was an unexpected problem, so I had to comment it out. I may
> enable it as an optional feature in the future.

That sounds like a useful feature to have, when it's fixed.  We've quite a
few bacterial genomes to deal with, so it will get some use.

Cheers,

L.

--
Dr Leighton Pritchard MRSC
D131, Plant Pathology Programme, SCRI

SCRI, Invergowrie, Dundee, DD2 5DA.
The Scottish Crop Research Institute is a charitable company limited by guarantee.
Registered in Scotland No: SC 29367.
Recognised by the Inland Revenue as a Scottish Charity No: SC 006662.

DISCLAIMER:

This email is from the Scottish Crop Research Institute, but the views expressed by the sender are not necessarily the views of SCRI and its subsidiaries.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the intended recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed.  It may not be disclosed or used by any other than that
addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient you are requested to preserve this confidentiality and you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way. Please notify postmaster at scri.ac.uk quoting the name of the sender and delete the email from your system.

Although SCRI has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, neither the Institute nor the sender accepts any responsibility for any viruses, and it is your responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if any).