[Bioperl-l] SeqIO::abi use

Roy Chaudhuri roy.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 14:02:35 UTC 2010

Hi Tom,

It looks from the docs/source like you can, with something like this:

use Bio::SeqIO;
my $seq=Bio::SeqIO->new(-file=>$ARGV[0], -format=>'abi',
-get_trace_data=>1)->next_seq;
my @atrace=$seq->get_trace_graph(-trace=>'a'); # or c,g,t

Sorry, but I don't have Staden installed so I can't test if this works.
You might also look at the non-BioPerl ABI module on CPAN - again, I
haven't tested this, but it looks like it could be useful for your purposes:
http://search.cpan.org/~MALAY/ABI/ABI.pm

Roy.