[Bioperl-l] a Main Page proposal

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Fri Sep 25 15:47:55 UTC 2009

thanks - yeah I had separated it by year to make it easier to update
them since the main file was too large, but I liked having them all
pulled in onto one page in order to see the total number of cites.
Brian's graphic is nice but a little out of date, and only reflects a
pubmed query.

Basically that system doesn't work well enough with biblio since it
isn't caching the lookups very well.   We can probably do better
somehow, but someone would have to really be dedicated to it, so I can
kind of see now why we could use something like this to generate the
citations so they'd be static.
http://sumsearch.uthscsa.edu/cite/

I had used Biblio extension as it was so easy but maybe it just can't
scale for that number of needed refs as it doesn't do very good local
caching AFAIK.

-jason