[Bioperl-l] a Main Page proposal

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 12:12:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Dave Messina <David.Messina at sbc.su.se> wrote:
> I think either Chris' version or Mark's earlier, slightly more verbose
> version would work well and fulfill the goals of reducing clutter and making
> it easier to find what you're looking for for visitors new and old.
>
> I do like the idea of a newsfeed, which summarizes what's been going on
> lately and let's new users know the project is active. Embedding the BioPerl
> twitter feed would be an easy solution.

Embedding your news feed would be just as easy:

http://news.open-bio.org/news/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/rdf
http://news.open-bio.org/news/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/rss
http://news.open-bio.org/news/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/rss2
http://news.open-bio.org/news/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/atom

Which (news server vs twitter feed) is preferable is down to you guys,
although for 2009 at least there has been more activity on twitter.
I'm not sure if you have the news posts re-tweeted or not (the last
news server post was back in Feb), but Biopython and the OBF
twitter accounts are doing this via twitterfeed.

Peter