[Bioperl-l] Size of BioPerl distribution

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 17 22:04:47 UTC 2009

Chris Fields wrote:
 > Any ideas?  Should we try to have a common biodata repo again?

Beyond encouraging people to keep the test data smaller (I would think
that multiple MB in a test data file is quite excessive!), I don't think
it's worth worrying about that much.  The stuff in bioperl needs a
significant amount of test data, and I think that's fine.

This problem is also addressed by the ongoing effort to break things up
into more distros, I think that will help a lot.

Rob