[Bioperl-l] need help urgently

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sat Sep 5 13:44:54 UTC 2009

On Sep 4, 2009, at 11:52 PM, Neeti Somaiya wrote:

> Ok, so I reinstalled bioperl and was able to run the EUtilities code
> for my gene id.
> But I am facing two issues :-
>
> 1) When I give multiple gene ids, it still returns data of only the
> first gene id

This sounds like it's not iterating correctly.  You'll need to post
your version of the script.

> 2) The script returns the entire entry, and I am not able to figure
> out how to just fetch the sequence, and if possible, in FASTA format.
> I could not figure it out from the documentation.

I recall this working last time I used it (I think June or July).
Could you post the script you are using?

(realize this is a holiday weekend in the states, so you might have a
delayed response from me or others)