[Bioperl-l] [Fwd: Re: A question about iBio::Index: and its correct use]

jluis.lavin at unavarra.es jluis.lavin at unavarra.es
Thu Nov 5 15:46:36 UTC 2009

---------------------------- Mensaje original ----------------------------
Subject: Re: [Bioperl-l] A question about iBio::Index: and its correct use
From:    jluis.lavin at unavarra.es
Fecha:   Jue, 5 de Noviembre de 2009, 16:46
To:      "Mark A. Jensen" <maj at fortinbras.us>

Hi Mark,

I´ve actually got two scripts, the first one is to create the index and
the second one is to retrieve the sequence lis from the indexed file.

1)Here is the Index creation script:

#!/c:/Perl -w
use strict;
use Bio::Index::Fasta;
use strict;

print "Enter file for indexing: \n";
my $Index_File_Name = <STDIN>;
my $inx = Bio::Index::Fasta->new(-filename => $Index_File_Name.".idx",
    -write_flag => 1);
$inx->make_index(my $File_Name);

2)And here is the sequence retrieval script:

#!/c:/Perl -w
use Bio::Index::Fasta;
use strict;
#PC9.fasta is my genomic file
my $Index_File_Name ="PC9.fasta";
my $inx = Bio::Index::Fasta->new($Index_File_Name);
#LCS.txt is my sequences list
@ARGV = <lCS.txt>;
foreach  my $id (@ARGV) {
if ($id eq ''){
die ("empty list")
}
else {
my $seqobj = $inx->fetch($id);
my $out = new Bio::SeqIO (-file => ">>extracted_seqs.fasta",
-format => 'fasta');
$out->write_seq($seqobj);
}
}
exit;
}

I hope this code is not a total scum...

Thanks in advance ;)

El Jue, 5 de Noviembre de 2009, 16:39, Mark A. Jensen escribió:
> José -- It looks like this is a good solution to your problem. Please send
> you
> script so we can look at it-
> cheers Mark

Dr. José Luis Lavín Trueba