[Bioperl-l] the binary formerly known as WU-BLAST (Was: experimental Bio::Search::Tiling implementation)

Erich Schwarz schwarz at tenaya.caltech.edu
Wed May 20 04:06:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Robert Buels wrote:

> Are the developers of RepeatMasker and RepeatModeler aware of this
> availability problem?  Perhaps they have some ideas?

    Now that you point it out, I had taken it for granted that they
already knew, but shouldn't have assumed that.  So, thanks for
cc:ing Dr. Hubley!

    (This is a somewhat non-BioPerl-ish topic -- thanks for
everybody's collective patience with that.  On the other hand, given
how prevalent a dependency WU-BLAST is for a lot of bioinformatics
Perl code, maybe this isn't *so* off-topic after all...)

--Erich