[Bioperl-l] Eutilities epost/efetch problem

Warren Gallin wgallin at ualberta.ca
Tue May 12 01:35:58 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

	Something started failing for me this morning that had been working
reliably for the last week,

	I post an array of gi numbers, a history is successfully returned,
but when I try to use efetch to get the records, it fails with the
error:

------------- EXCEPTION: Bio::Root::Exception -------------
MSG: Response Error
Not Found
STACK: Error::throw
STACK: Bio::Root::Root::throw /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Bio/Root/Root.pm:368
STACK: Bio::DB::GenericWebAgent::get_Response /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Bio/
DB/GenericWebAgent.pm:215
STACK: 090507_Stable_gb_update.pl:238

	I'm running the efetch inside an eval and letting it try a total of 6
times with a 5 sedond sleep in between, but the error is consistent.

	So I consider two possibilities:
	1) Has something changed on the Entrez server recently?  Has anyone
else started having this kind of problem?

	2) Have I inserted some subtle flaw into my code that would lead to a
failure of efetch.

	I am attaching two text files, one with the code chunklet that is
doing this and the other the output from the script.

	Any help or suggestions are profoundly appreciated.

Warren Gallin