[Bioperl-l] More on Eutilities get_Response problem

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri May 8 12:27:09 UTC 2009

Append was working at some point (on Mac OS X).  Just curious, what OS
are you using?

Regardless, there is some hacky code in get_Response to deal with
possible filename issues, but I'll change that to delegate to a
Bio::Root::IO for consistency, just in case.  Also, so it's available
as an internal workaround, I'll add in a -fh (filehandle) option.

As a current workaround, you could open a file handle on your own and
just print to it:

open(my $fh, '>>', 'mydata.gb');

# later in a loop

while (...) {