[Bioperl-l] Appending efetch results to a file

Warren Gallin wgallin at ualberta.ca
Thu May 7 20:01:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

	I am having trouble with a script that was working a few months ago,
but has started giving unexpected results.

	I need to request 100's of records, and to avoid stress the Entrez
server I do my fetching inside a loop that increments the -retstart
parameter in the factory.  This should append the fetched records to
the file that I am using to collect all the records, but instead it is
replacing the file.  How can I make the get_Response append to an
existing file instead of overwriting it?

Warren Gallin