[Bioperl-l] Other object oddities

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon May 4 19:11:18 UTC 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Mark A. Jensen wrote:

> [I hear you re: $job]
> Def. thanks for chiming- Maybe this should be an element of
> the "Align refactor" that perhaps should be an overall
> "Seq refactor".
>
> Are you saying that the trunk is fair game for api additions
> for this issue?
> cheers

I don't think anyone should feel afraid to change things on trunk, but
I think significant changes should be discussed here so everyone has a
chance to chime in.  And API additions are not nearly as severe as
having a method like seq() return a different value.  In fact, I
personally don't have a problem with merging that to the 1.6 branch
(others may disagree though).  I consider it a 'bug fix' in a loose way.