[Bioperl-l] problem to fit genomic coordinates

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 26 13:58:32 UTC 2009

On Mar 26, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Laurent MANCHON wrote:

> Chris Fields a écrit :
>>
>> On Mar 26, 2009, at 3:31 AM, Laurent MANCHON wrote:
>>
>>> yes but this is a school problem that my teacher ask us to resolve
>>> without using Bioperl modules !
>>
>> I didn't bother reading beyond that sentence.  Not to state the
>> absolute obvious here, but:
>>
>> 1) you are posting to the bioperl list for a non-bioperl-related
>> question, and
> genomic coordinates are not questions about biology ?
> i'm speaking about GENOME, and not GEOGRAPHY

And this is a mail list for BioPerl (the toolkit), not perl and
biology.  We will sometimes answer questions along these lines if they
are relevant, but apparently our answers (all notably BioPerl-related,
mind you) were tossed to the side and you asked for more.

I suppose you at least showed some honesty and revealed exactly why
you needed this answered, but again, don't be surprised if you get a
nasty response and no answers.  You won't get any from me.

>> 2) you are committing one of the biggest no-no's for a list, asking
>> us to help you with your homework.
> in bioperl you have BIO, okay but too you have PERL !

Interesting how you skirted that last question.  We won't do your
homework for you.  Sorry.