[Bioperl-l] Problems after changing display_id of a sequence in SimpleAlign

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Mar 23 04:47:21 UTC 2009

It has to do with the way the names are kept to handle the idea that
there can be multiple sequences with same id (the ID is stored as ID/
START-END). So changing the ID means it cannot be found without
updating the hash with the names.

Currently it is generally easier to remove the sequence and re-add it.
We can add a rename function I suppose -- there should be a way to do
it via the $aln object but I don't think that API is currently written.

$aln->remove_seq($seq);
$seq->display_id("1");
$aln->add_seq($seq);