[Bioperl-l] BLAST + BioPerl

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Mar 16 15:34:14 UTC 2009

I think it is best if you ask this question on the mailing list but
the script search_overview.PLS that was previously in the scripts/
biographics directory but is now in the Bio-Graphics/scripts directory
on sourceforge.

Examples like this also the bread and butter of the Bio-Graphics HOWTO
on the bioperl website.

-jason

On Mar 16, 2009, at 7:51 AM, Christian M. Probst wrote:

> Hi, Jason.
>
> I have found your presentation about BioPerl I and II (CSHL
> Programming for Biology 2008) when I was looking for a way to format
> BLAST plain text output.
>
> I am looking specifically on creating the graphical view of HSPs.
> Although your code in that presentation does not create this, it has
> an example, mentioning Bio::Graphics as the way to do that (as it
> would be my first guess).
>
> My question is: how can I create a panel within the HTML page, showing
> the HSPs from a BLAST standalone txt result file? Is there a
> tutorial/file/presentation discussing this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Christian Probst
> Bioinformatics Lab.
> Carlos Chagas Institute