[Bioperl-l] Regarding Bioperl help for windows server 2003

Sanjay Harke sanjay.harke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 07:04:21 UTC 2009

I am sanjay harke from India. I am working in MGM School of Health
Sciences, India as associate Professor in department of Bioinformatics
and Biotecnology. Presently i am working on database development of
Plant proteins In that regard i am presuing Bioperl script. I know
very well Perl, PHP, CGI... But i am not getting image with the help of
Bio::Graphics for bioperl module execution on window 2003 server. Is
it possible to you all  to help me out.following script is not working
properly on window 2003 server.
#!/usr/local/bin/perl

# This is code example 1 in the Graphics-HOWTO
# data1.txt file

use strict;
use Bio::Graphics;
use Bio::SeqFeature::Generic;

my $panel = Bio::Graphics::Panel->new(-length => 1000,-width  => 800);

my $track = $panel->add_track(-glyph => 'generic',-label => 1);

while (<>) { # read blast file
 chomp;
 next if /^\#/;  # ignore comments
 my($name,$score,$start,$end) = split /\t+/;
 my $feature = Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new(
                                            -display_name => $name,
                                            -score        => $score,
                                            -start        => $start,
                                            -end          => $end
                                           );
 $track->add_feature($feature);
}

print $panel->png;

So, kindly help me out for this problem.

thanking you

yours truly

sanjay harke