[Bioperl-l] Offering to help

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 3 18:29:50 UTC 2009

On Mar 3, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Bruno Vecchi wrote:
> If it's ok with you, I'd like to help porting modules to Moose. As
> for VCS,
> my vote (FWIW) goes to git and github, there's been a lot of
> migration in
> that direction lately (perl5, rakudo).

Forgot to mention in the last post, but it might be wise to think
ahead a bit about namespace conflicts.  For instance, I wouldn't port
modules into Bio::* due to potential conflicts with non-Moose BioPerl
modules (unless you want to stick everything into a Bio::Moose, which
I don't think is a good idea for a base namespace).

One could possibly use a variation on Bio* for Moose-related
development (BioMoose or similar).