[Bioperl-l] Re mote Blast and Report

gopu_36 gopu_36 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 14:36:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am kind of new to bioperl and will definitely check the version before I
start. I have a very similar situation to run remote blast but against
refseq database. I have a set of accession numbers for which I am intending
to run remote blast and parse the results. I was looking for some example to
blast against refsef. Hence do I have to modify as below?

$prog = "blastn";
$db = "refseq_rna";

My next doubt is since I have around 800 ACCESSION nos, do I have to
instantiate the below line that many times inside the loop?

$remoteBlast = Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast->new(-prog => $prog,
                         -data => $db,
                         -expect => $e_val
                         -readmethod => 'Blast');

Thanks and Regards.