[Bioperl-l] Bio::AnnotatableI function annotation()

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Fri Mar 27 20:09:22 UTC 2009

Probably folks just starting to use 1.6 will be shunted in the
right direction by the docs, but those making the switch
might reasonably get confused (resulting in this thread, e.g.).
If someone tries to do $feature->annotation->getAnnotations('locus_tag')
when $feature->annotation is undef, then probably that user is
not hip to $feature->get_tag_values('locus_tag'), and would appreciate
something like
"Annotation property undefined. Did you mean $feature->get_tag_values?"
(not nec. that specific, but you get my drift?)
MAJ