[Bioperl-l] BioPerl at YAPC::2010

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Sat Jun 27 17:08:10 UTC 2009

I had an eye-opening time at YAPC, and I think that it would be very
powerful to have many members of the Bio & Perl community rubbing
elbows with the folks leading (and following, for that matter) the
"Modern Perl" movement (in the broader sense, not _just_ chromatic):
Moose, DBIx::Class, Dist::Zilla, KiokoDB, etc....  I think that it
would help pull BioPerl and the others towards powerful mainstream
technologies and expose many of us to new people, tricks, and tools.
Having us off on our own, or mingling with ISMB'ers, doesn't really
stir the pot.

g.