[Bioperl-l] Extreme newbie question.

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Thu Jun 25 16:39:22 UTC 2009

Hi Adlai,
Did the Bioperl tests run successfully? Did you get the impression that the
installation was successful?

If not, what are the errors you see during the install process?

I ask because the error you included in your message is not necessarily
indicative of a failed installation (it could just be a path issue).

By the way, as I think is indicated somewhere in the installation
instructions, you don't actually need to install Bioperl to use most of its
functionality. Simply having the Bio/ directory in your PERL5LIB path is
enough.

Dave