[Bioperl-l] problem with bioperl install

Kristina Fontanez fontanez at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 1 12:41:06 UTC 2009

Hey everyone-

Thanks for all the advice. I reinstalled Xcode tools, installed Fink
and downloaded bioperl successfully. It's now working smoothly.

Thanks again,
Kristina
Kristina Fontanez
PhD candidate
Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology
Cavanaugh lab
Harvard University
16 Divinity Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02138

tel: 617-495-1138
fax: 617-496-6933
email: fontanez at fas.harvard.edu

On May 29, 2009, at 10:40 PM, Chris Fields wrote:

Kristina,

You aren't running as superuser:

 > term dump: > > dhcp-0019353043-25-35:BioPerl-1.6.0 kristinafontanez
$ cpan

You'll need to run cpan using 'sudo cpan' if installing modules
anywhere requiring superuser permissions.

chris