[Bioperl-l] Syntax for load_interpro.pl?

John LaCava lacava at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 04:10:01 UTC 2009

Hi again,

No, mainly I was scanning the different scripts to see if any of them
were friendly towards
capturing the InterPro domain-type info that we discussed in relation
to load-seqdatabase.pl.

I plan to explore the options you mentioned in your other reply to
that thread, so that I can take full
advantage of this script and the BioSQL schema...

However, in the mean time I have authored a small and somewhat crappy
script that will
capture the SwissProt protein ID and accession number as well as the
InterPro accession
number and domain type and pass these into the bioentry and dbxref
tables of the BioSQL
schema.  I had to add an additional column to the dbxref table that
would accept the InterPro
domain type (the optional ID) since I couldn't get it into
dbxref_qualifier_value table without
upsetting the mysql foreign key settings.

Cheers again,
John