[Bioperl-l] Can I load ontologies into BioSQL?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Jul 4 12:02:33 UTC 2009

Hi Achille,

according to Chris Mungall from the GO Consortium, the .ontology files
have been deprecated by GO. You should use the .obo files instead, and
BioPerl has a parser for that (and load_ontology.pl supports all
formats that BioPerl supports).

There has been a near identical issue report earlier (April 20 - I
don't have the thread from the archives at hand). According to Chris,
the BioPerl parser for the .ontology files appears to fail to deal
with the new relations in GO, and so with the obsoletion of
the .ontology format we have scheduled the respective parser for
deprecation.

	-hilmar