[Bioperl-l] parsing a phyloxml file

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 28 17:10:32 UTC 2009

Chrysanthi,

Make sure to keep the mail list in your replies.

Did you update the libxml2 library (http://xmlsoft.org/) to at least
libxml2-2.6.21?  Make sure you don't have libxml instead (aka libxml
v1).  Most repos (apt, yum, fink, macports) have the updated version.

I believe XML::LibXML will compile if you have an older libxml
version, but it will skip Reader and other modules that don't have a
minimum libxml library present (and older versions of Reader are not
API-compliant if I recall correctly).

chris