[Bioperl-l] a thought on Bio::Root::Build

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Mon Jan 26 09:14:21 UTC 2009

> + # However, if Module::CoreList is available, install
> + # core module updates to the core install set (if the
> + # module was part of the core when the local Perl was
> + # installed...)

Hey Mark,

I'm not sure I understand this, so forgive me if I'm way off here...

Does this mean that, if an older version of a core module is in a location
other than the MyConfig-specified location, the new version of that module
will be installed in the same place as the older version?

e.g.
Foo::Core 1.0 is is /usr/local/lib
user wants to install BioPerl in /home/mylib
BioPerl requires Foo::Core 1.4

then Foo::Core 1.4 will be installed in /usr/local/lib, right?

If that's so, wouldn't that be problematic for users who don't have write
perms to places like /usr/local/lib?

Dave