[Bioperl-l] Deprecate Pise modules? was: Need some bioperl-run tests

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Jan 12 01:44:07 UTC 2009

One thought is we could do is package them up in bioperl-pise in the
event that anyone else had setup a pise server and wanted to use it -
that was sort of what iNquiry provided I thought.  Since in this
instance they are all related it could be best to keep them in the
same package and helps separate them from the core.

I had hoped that eventually parameters & methodnames & validation for
the webservices would to be autogenerated from the same XML/Grammar
files that were used to generate the front ends rather than having to
code method names explicitly in all the modules.  But I guess there
will always be bridging code that converts the Bio::Seq object into
the sequence data stream the webservice needs.

At any rate - I agree pull them out of bioperl-run for 1.6, but maybe
migrate them to a new package for any future development.  bioperl-
mobyle could eventually be launched if the devs want to see it
available.

-jason