[Bioperl-l] The Power of R

Dr. T. I. Simpson ian.simpson at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 15:32:48 UTC 2009

I did use RSPerl but was deeply displeased with what was simply a solution
born of necessity at the time. It got the job done, but was not a long
term solution. I look likely to revisit the throny issue in the next
couple of months as I am trying to package up some simple downstream
clustering analysis code into a bioperl package. I would dearly love to
have it all nicely connected up to R, so am keeping an eye on the some
threads that are running on BioC/BioPerl integration and the potential to
use BioLib for this purpose http://biolib.open-bio.org/wiki/Main_Page. I
know painfully little about this at the moment, but plan to gen up in the
coming weeks.

Ian.

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:19:44 -0000, Mark A. Jensen <maj at fortinbras.us>
wrote:

> What solution did you responders wind up using? Do people generally get
> RSPerl to work and wash their hands of it afterwards? Or do you finally
> hand-code a good deal? thx
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dr. T. I. Simpson"
> <ian.simpson at ed.ac.uk>

>>> 2) Not on CPAN.

ian.simpson at ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.