[Bioperl-l] BioPerl on Wikipedia

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Thu Feb 19 10:12:42 UTC 2009

Hey everybody,

I just noticed that the Wikipedia page on
BioPerl<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioPerl>was woefully out of date,
at least with respect to the current version
number.

I updated it to reflect the new 1.6.0 release, but it'd be great if there
was some automated way to keep the version info on there up-to-date.

The BioPerl website is also running MediaWiki -- maybe that's a possible
route? Does anyone know if there's an easy way to do something like this?
(Mark, Jay, Mauricio, I'm looking in your direction.)

In general, though, the info there is still pretty sparse so if anyone has
the time or inclination to improve on it, please do so.

Dave