[Bioperl-l] Google Summer of Code: Call for Bio* Volunteers

miraceti miraceti at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 02:41:35 UTC 2009

As a student, I second that GSOC was a great experience for me. It is an
opportunity for people who always wanted to get involved in opensource/bio*
but never actually did. It gives you the first nudge, and then encourages
you constantly along the way through the assigned mentors.
Chris Fields above was my mentor and he was great.
I found that the interaction with Chris and the tightly bound schedule with
a limited scope of the project made the process very effective. In a limited
amount of time you learn a lot of things and you can keep it up till the end
to produce an output that you can call your contribution. It was a very
gratifying experience for me.

Mira