[Bioperl-l] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Alpha 1.6 releases of BioPerl-run, BioPerl-db, BioPerl-network

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 8 16:41:48 UTC 2009

CF> Alex,
CF> I don't see Bio::ConfigData with the last BioPerl core release on CPAN
CF> (1.6.0) or any of the BioPerl-*.  Could you send me the actual file in
CF> question?

You are right that it doesn't appear to be contained in the source,
but looking at the build log it appears to be dynamically generated in
both packages.

1) In the case of bioperl:

Writing config notes to blib/lib/Bio/ConfigData.pm

and later:

Manifying blib/lib/Bio/ConfigData.pm ->blib/libdoc/Bio::ConfigData.3pm

later still:

Installing /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/perl-bioperl-1.6.0-1.fc11.noarch/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Bio/ConfigData.pm

See full log here:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/perl-bioperl/1.6.0/1.fc11/data/logs/noarch/build.log

2) Similar generation of the ConfigData is done in bioperl-run:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/perl-bioperl-run/1.5.9/0.1.1.fc11/data/logs/noarch/build.log

Alex