[Bioperl-l] fasta format

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Tue Dec 8 17:44:43 UTC 2009

you can run
sreformat (HMMER) or bp_sreformat.pl script in scripts/utilties (or
that is installed when you install the Bioperl scripts)
$ bp_sreformat.pl -if fasta -of fasta -i yourfile.fa -o yournewfile.fa
# rename it back
$ mv yournewfile.fa yourfile.fa

or
$ sreformat fasta yourfile.fa > yournewfile.fa
$ mv yournewfile.fa yourfile.fa

-jason