[Bioperl-l] added a perltidy profile file

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 21 19:39:31 UTC 2009

This one is copied from the parrot project.  I added it in
maintenance/perltidy.conf.
Have a look, tweak as you see fit.

The idea with perltidy profile files is to use them to enforce coding
style rules.  So this perltidy profile file would be the place to codify
the BioPerl coding standards, such as indentation, use of cuddled elses,
etc.

So here is one, let's customize it for our needs.  The way I usually run
perltidy is with -b to modify a file in-place, and with the '-pro='
option to specify a profile file.

Example:
    perltidy -b -pro=maintenance/perltidy.conf Bio/SimpleAlign.pm

Rob

--
Robert Buels
Bioinformatics Analyst, Sol Genomics Network
rmb32 at cornell.edu
http://www.sgn.cornell.edu