[Bioperl-l] blast hit to feature gene sequence in bioperl?

David Quan deequan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:06:44 UTC 2009

Hello there,

        I've been browsing around bioperl documentation and have used
a blast parser, but am wondering if it is possible to use the start
and end information for a hit to trace back to a gene in genbank and
extract the sequence for that gene?  I have not been able to find
elements that would work in such a way.  Hints and recommendations for
elements that would be capable of behaving in such a way would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much.

 David N. Quan

--
Love of country is, at heart, trust in a nation's people, faith in
their better nature, esteem for their best hopes, understanding for