[Bioperl-l] GFF and LocatableSeq refactoring

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Aug 15 20:09:14 UTC 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 7:45 PM, Mark A. Jensen wrote:

> I'm planning to move Chase Miller's excellent NeXML read/write
> implementation into the trunk, complete with tests. If we can get it
> to pass the test suite, is there room in the point release for it?

We've in the past stayed away from adding new features to stable
branches with the exception of new methods in existing classes and
that didn't do anything complicated.

I'm not sure I remember everything but I think the NeXML support does
exceed that level, doesn't it? Can it be rolled into its own pre-
release that is a drop-in to an existing 1.6.x installation for those
who want to go there?

	-hilmar