[Bioperl-l] Creating a fastq format file?

Michael Muratet mmuratet at hudsonalpha.org
Wed Apr 22 14:03:57 UTC 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 8:32 AM, Dan Bolser wrote:

> In the Bio::SeqIO::fastq page:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~cjfields/BioPerl-1.6.0/Bio/SeqIO/fastq.pm#write_seq
>

> I read:
>
> "This object can transform Bio::Seq and Bio::Seq::Quality objects to
> and from fastq flat file databases."
>
> I'm not sure how to code the link between the fastq IO object and the
> qual object that I have created using the code from the previous
> thread...
>
> Any suggestions? What am I missing?

Howdy

This might be a good place to ask the question: having looked at the
fastq.pm page, is the fastq format defined (only) by a "@'" followed
by a sequence line and a "+" header followed by a quality line and the
two headers have to agree? Now that Illumina is using phred scaling,
are 'Sanger' and 'Illumina' versions the same?

Thanks

Mike