[Bioperl-l] Pasing Affymatrix Microarray output

Steve Chervitz sac at bioperl.org
Wed Apr 8 05:59:49 UTC 2009

Check out our Affymetrix Power Tools (APT) package:

http://www.affymetrix.com/partners_programs/programs/developer/tools/powertools.affx

We distribute binaries for Linux and Mac OSX, as well as source code
so you can compile it yourself if you want. Note however that this is
written in C++, not Perl.  We don't provide SWIG or XS interfaces for
direct access via Perl, though this would definitely be doable, if
anyone is interested.

Probably the easiest approach from Perl would be to simply call the
appropriate APT executable through the shell as in:

    system("/path/to/apt --args ...");

The Perl code can parse the output files and take it from there.

Steve