[Bioperl-l] Bio::Coordinate::Collection could DoWhatIMean better (w/ patch)

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at sanbi.ac.za
Fri Sep 26 06:25:54 UTC 2008

George,

Bio::Range::Set sounds like great idea.

Sorry to put you in a tight spot with the request for keeping external
dependencies to the minimum. I should have stressed that follow it only if it
can be done easily. If you look at the actual dependencies of BioPerl at the
moment, you'll realize not many have to patience to follow that guideline.

The main thing is the get working code in. If you then have the energy to code
a module that gets rid of the dependency, that's an added bonus.

Thanks for your effort,

 Yours,
    -Heikki

On Friday 26 September 2008 06:25:08 George Hartzell wrote:
> What would people think about a Bio::Range::Set (and/or SetI) which
> behaves like Set::Intspan (which alone would be a waste of effort) but
> also embraces RangeI's concepts of stranded-ness and
> strong/weak/unspecified comparisons?
>
> g. (who's sometimes thinks that 'tuits grow on trees...)

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki at_sanbi _ac _za
    _/_/_/_/_/  Senior Scientist    skype: heikki_lehvaslaiho
   _/  _/  _/  SANBI, South African National Bioinformatics Institute
  _/  _/  _/  University of Western Cape, South Africa
     _/      Phone: +27 21 959 2096   FAX: +27 21 959 2512