[Bioperl-l] Converting EnSeMBL Probe names to Gene Symbol with Bioperl

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers-institute.org
Fri Sep 19 13:06:08 UTC 2008

Jason,

Yes .... Biomart .... If I remember correctly, at the time I wrote the script, the problem with using biomart interactively for this task was that though you could query for genes or transcripts by affy id, the results would not include the term you queried with, so, you just get a list of genes that match any of your affyids without knowing which goes with which.

But perhaps I was wrong.  Certainly I see now that it is possible interactively to return the affyid for any gene for many standard probesets.

Cheers,

Malcolm Cook