[Bioperl-l] SeqHound

Brian Osborne bosborne11 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 11 15:01:32 UTC 2008

Raul,

Good question about BIND, I don't know if the public version is up-to-
date. For the latest protein-protein interaction data I look at public
databases like IntAct.

If you use bioperl-network you should be able to read IntAct data into
a graph, then find the interactions that you're interested in in that
graph. There are a few qualifications to this statement though, like
do you have the "right" identifiers or names. So you're right, bioperl-
network constructs graphs from the XML files but the interactions you
want are in those graphs. Something like:

  my $graphio = Bio::Network::IO->new(-file   => 'human.xml',
                                      -format => 'psi25');
  my $graph = $graphio->next_network();
  my $node = $graph->get_nodes_by_id('UniProt:P12345');
  my @neighbors = $graph->neighbors($node);

Brian O.