[Bioperl-l] Editing sub locations

Cristián Serpell cserpell at dim.uchile.cl
Fri Oct 24 14:50:21 UTC 2008

Hi

I would like to know if there is a way to edit a sub location from a
Bio::Location::Split object, through the API.

For example, you can get an array with $subloc = $location-
 >sub_Location(), and then modify it with $subloc->start($subloc-
 >start() + 1), but this does not change the original sub location.
IF you get the array, you get the same original values (the same
object).

One idea I have got is to create a new Bio::Location::Split object
and adding the modified sub locations, but then I don't know if you
can change the Bio::SeqFeature location manually, even when creating
a new one.

The whole thing I'm doing is a program that "moves" an object, adding
the same value to start and end values to everything.

Any idea would help

Thanks
Cristián