[Bioperl-l] Run::Primer3 and no primer return

Roy Chaudhuri roy.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:56:05 UTC 2008

Hi Paola,

I tried your code using a sequence I had lying around, and it seemed to
work fine, designing 5 primers. I then tried it with a sequence
consisting of just As, so no primers were designed. However the temp.out
file was not empty, it still contained lines with the input data
(PRIMER_SEQUENCE_ID and SEQUENCE), so this suggests that Primer3 is not
running correctly for you. Perhaps there is a file permissions issue? Is
primer3_core executable?

I notice that you haven't declared $results using "my". If you're not
doing so already, include "use warnings; use strict;" at the top of your
program, that might give you some more useful information on why things
are going wrong.

Roy.
--
Dr. Roy Chaudhuri