[Bioperl-l] quick pairwise alignment

Alper Yilmaz alperyilmaz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:15:44 UTC 2008

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much. It works perfect. I was working on
Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::Clustalw , I succeeded to make clustalw run but
even though I select -quiet option, the output of the program was directed
to my HTML code, instead of being assigned to $aln variable. I was losing
hope but your solution saved the day. StandAloneBlast works very nicely and
I'm glad viewing the alignment is possible.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to see the "original" sequence that is used
for BLAST in the alignment? I tried using $hsp_obj->str_seq('query') or
$hsp_obj->str_seq('sbjct') but they print out the matched sequence only. I
am interested in seeing if the match is at N-terminus or C-terminus
(visually thru alignment, not by numbers). In other words, is it possible to
get the blast alignment look like clustalw alignment?

thanks,
alper