[Bioperl-l] writing bioperl modules

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 26 15:10:32 UTC 2008

Tim,

I would suggest there are several areas which also could use a new set
of eyes to check things over.  The more devs the better.  For
instance, Sendu Bala led the team for the last release and largely
refactored Taxonomy/Species, which has worked out wonderfully.  He
also introduced a generic lazy parsing interface.

Personally, I would like to see an R/BioConductor-BioPerl bridging
system (which would be itself a separate project).  I'm working on
lotsa microarray and will probably be looking at Solexa or 454 data
soon.  If only we could get a halfway decent interface to R (and a
buggy RSPerl does not count, as it's not on the CPAN and is poorly
supported).

chris