[Bioperl-l] Withdraw Bio::Graphics and Bio::DB::SeqFeature from bioperl distribution?

Charles Plessy charles-listes+bioperl at plessy.org
Tue Nov 11 01:19:23 UTC 2008

Le Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 03:25:24PM -0500, Lincoln Stein a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> The glacial pace of official bioperl releases is interfering with my ability
> to package GBrowse 2.00 into debian and rpm packages. Is there any objection
> if I withdraw Bio::Graphics and Bio::DB::SeqFeature from the bioperl
> distribution and turn them into independent CPAN modules?

Dear all,

Just a word to say that when BioPerl 1.6 is released, the package in Debian
unstable/testing can be quickly updated, and a backport can be made for the
stable distribution.

However, it would make my task easier if the following file conflict would be
resloved. GBrowse and BioPerl are shiping copies of the same modules:

Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ideogram
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::heat_map
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::heat_map_ideogram

This is an obstacle to proper packaging, as on Debian system two packages are
not supposed to deliver the same file.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy