[Bioperl-l] bl2seq for many

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri May 16 15:24:31 UTC 2008

Not sure what you mean here, as bl2seq uses two sequences.  From the
bl2seq doc:
"Bl2seq performs a comparison between two sequences using either the
blastn or blastp algorithm. Both sequences must be either nucleotides
or proteins. The options may be obtained by executing 'bl2seq -'."
If you mean running multiple rounds of bl2seq with varying sequences,
the boilerplate demo in the Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast synopsis
could be modified to do what you want:

my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast->new(-program =>
'blastp');
# grab two sequences at a time (loop?) and run bl2seq
my $bl2seq_report = $factory->bl2seq($seq1, $seq2);

Does this answer your question?

-chris