[Bioperl-l] MSA manipulation

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Tue May 13 17:25:42 UTC 2008

Jon -

[CC-ing list in case others have input.]

AlignI is the interface module but the actual implementation is in
Bio:SimpleAlign.

You want to read in alignments with Bio::AlignIO and that will give
you Bio::SimpleAlign objects that can then be manipulated.
There are methods for removing columns, etc.

-jason