[Bioperl-l] Bioinformatician wanted

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Thu Mar 27 02:13:16 UTC 2008

Dear colleagues,

It would be appreciated if you could bring the following position to the
attention of potential candidates.

Bioinformatician wanted

Many of the world's most amazing scientific discoveries are the result
of someone 'taking a closer look'. It's this inquisitive nature and
relentless search for answers that fuels scientific advancement. And
it's also what we'd like you to apply to us, right now. Mind you, you
won't need to look too hard to discover that AgResearch is the best
place to break all new ground in your career.

At first glance you'll see we are New Zealand's largest research
institute -world leaders in pastoral research working at the
leading-edge of innovation. Scratch the surface a little more and you'll
find all the diversity and intellectual challenge a Bioinformatician
could ask for. This is a highly collaborative role where you'll be
involved in everything from the analysis of genomic data to the design,
development, implementation and testing of bioinformatics tools.
Knowledge sharing is a pivotal component of our success, so you can also
look forward to acting in consultant capacity (both internally and
externally) and the autonomy to contribute to scientific publications.

Our people are at the pinnacle in their professions, so with your
biological background, higher qualification in bioinformatics or
computing and your experience in contributing bioinformatics expertise
to research groups, you'll not only fit right in, you'll hit the ground
running. An outstanding communicator, time manager and relationship
builder, you'll also come to us with a thorough knowledge of Unix,
pipeline-development, web based technologies and scripting and
programming languages.

AgResearch is a unique organisation at the forefront of our field, and
as far as your future's concerned, that makes us well worth a closer
look. There are many benefits waiting to be discovered here, so isn't it
time you experienced them? The job description is available online and
applications are invited at www.agresearch.co.nz/recruitment/ Reference
AGR661, or contact Nauman Maqbool for further information.

Applications close 11 April 2008.

Regards,
Russell

Russell Smithies
Bioinformatics Applications Developer
T +64 3 489 9085
E  russell.smithies at agresearch.co.nz
AgResearch Farming Food and Health. First
Te Ahuwhenua, Te Kai me te Whai Ora. Tuatahi
Invermay  Research Centre
Puddle Alley,
Mosgiel,
New Zealand