[Bioperl-l] these objects are pretty cool

mrphysh at juno.com mrphysh at juno.com
Sat Mar 22 22:39:22 UTC 2008

I am starting to understand how to use the objects.

I am the sort who wants to understand how things work, at least on some level.  I think my understanding wold be increased with knowledge of the actual contents of the object.  My book says they are hashes and that makes sense:  field-value.......field-value.......field-value

But as far as I can tell they cannot be taken apart like a regular hash.

How can I print out the contents?  this makes sense to me:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
use Bio::SeqIO;

#these objects were made for file input...conversion...file output

while ( my $seq = $out->next_seq() ) {print "$seq\n"; }

#or..how about this?

foreach ( my $seqq = $in->next_seq() ) {print "$seqq\n"; }
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
this gives back:

Bio::Seq::RichSeq=HASH(0x860dcdc)
Bio::Seq=HASH(0x85f5a20)

Is there some way to slice up the object and look at the parts?

John
Click to get a free auto insurance quotes from top companies.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/REAK6aAXgEMUkAKrIEHMi8TYC8kZcjYgq27yjsTkFs54AT2NkhfilW/